We are currently seeking a full-time Dental Assistant for our cosmetic dental practice in Craig, Colorado. This position requires a highly motivated team member with a strong grasp of both customer service and dental assisting skills. The right candidate will exhibit professional behaviors and problem solving skills. Must be willing to cover certain clinical aspects within the practice when/as needed (cross train)
Most importantly: He or she must be patient, understanding and act as a pleasant and welcoming presence in the office.
Responsibilities and Duties
Under the direction of management, this position will be responsible for assuring that the needs of the practice & patients are met as it relates to their job description.
An example of responsibilities include:
Regulations vary from state to state as to what duties a dental assistant is allowed to perform, but they may include the following:
*Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment for each patient
*Organizing and laying out instruments for dentist’s use
*Handing instruments and other materials to dentist during procedures
*Taking x-rays of patients’ teeth
*Taking impressions of patients’ teeth for casts
*Using suction and swabs to keep patients’ mouths clear and dry during procedures
*Applying topical anesthetic to patients’ mouths
*Make temporary crowns
*Obtaining patients’ dental records
*Questioning patients about their medical history and recording the information for dentist’s reference
*Advising patients on dental care
*Making patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
*Scheduling appointments, maintaining records, sending bills, answering phones, ordering supplies and other office tasks
* Participate in day-to-day operations of dental office
* Work under the direction of the Office Manager in maintaining the internal business operations.
* Assisting management in assuring the practice’s compliance with federal, state and safety regulations
* Working respectfully and cooperatively with management, staff, patients, and vendors; handling escalated patient and team issues as needed
* Answer and respond to telephone calls with professionalism
* Greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice
* Cross train in the basic clinical aspects of the practice
* And any other administrative delegations made by management
To apply, send cover letter and resume salary/benefit requirements for consideration to email@example.com.
Competitive Compensation/Benefit Package. Merit based raises.